Our main focus this week is on creative and funny ways to support the efforts of the LA flashmob. I'm a newbie at PR, but here's the January 2012 Save Community press release!
UPDATE: Based on TV critic (mainly the owl who is often a pussycat) and fellow fan input, we are currently adding in a letter writing campaign to all fan initiatives. Please send hand-written, polite #GreenblattLoveLetters to Uncle Bob: Robert Greenblatt, CEO, NBC Universal, 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City CA 91608. FB letters writing parties page. The NBC Britta'd gal on Facebook has addresses on her page's info section. Ad sponsors (Yoplait/General Mills are the main ones, but we should add other friendly tweeting companies, OMG General Mills and Yoplait are REALLY GOOD at social media and send us merch!), other executives, and Sony are other good places, but let's shine most of our love on Uncle Bob, OK? There are now weekly prizes on offer, so get cracking and do us proud!
We're trying our best to incorporate letter-writing parties after each flashmob, as local events tied in with viewing parties and #blanketforts, and as a fan initiative to win prizes!
We have a fun #GreenblattPrank going now. @ImAmandaJulius started this, so please tweet her for details. It's a group letter, where we explain how Season 4 saves the world, and each person writes a numbered page. I feel a little sorry for the secretary, but we'll have instructions included on how to read the entire thing online.
2012, for many of my friends and for me, is already a radiant and beautiful year. Yeah, yeah, ask me in a week or two. OK, fine! Here's the proof that it's a good year:
- (click to go to link) According to Meg James at the LA times, COMEDY CENTRAL may end up syndicating NBC Community!
- Alex Zelben at MTV documented my fanatic madness, and I love him for it.
- Curt Wagner (Chicago Tribune) interviewed Danny Pudi and shouted out this humble blog; what is this timeline, people? Whee!
- If you see Bill Murray, please tell him to call Dan Harmon. This is a sincere Bill Murray AND Community fan's deepest wish; thank you!
- There are SO MANY cool pages on Facebook now: LA flashmob, Save NBC Community brainstorming, Abed4President (place for button design submission, remote fan mob goatees, polls for event wishes).
- You already know about the LA Flashmob, right? Craigslist post for LA flashmob
- Perez Hilton, I LOVE YOU!
- "Lost" Hiatus, Inspector Spacetime, Abed4President, @notajenny writes a darn cool blog!
- You saw the #PierceOrChevy game, right?
- The NYC Silent Disco is my humble, maybe awkward, but heartfelt, PR support for the LA mob and for Comedy Central/Sony: NYC Silent Disco
OK, so the Comedy Central syndication is not a done deal yet. It is a good idea to keep all other initiatives in the fire simultaneously so our show has as many cannonballs for its press leverage and fan revenue cannons as possible. It's some stupid hour in the morning, so please scroll down to previous posts to catch up on all the previous initiatives (plus NYC mob wrapup), and I will add the ideas back in when it's a humane hour. But here are the things we are discussing NOW, and what you can do to help:
- The Comedy Central deal is bliss on a stick. Period. NYC Silent Disco.
- @maxkimble said all NBC Community fans should kiss a Comedy Central executive. I said: only if they're clean! I like the Comedy Central Kissing Booth idea.
- @foreverhuddyfan likes the idea of an #Abed4President election style party near Comedy Central headquarters. This could include a blanket fort. I like doing the silent disco as a quick and dirty first event, then planning out the #Abed4President party soon! Fun, right? Comedy Central and Viacom: legalese legalese blah blah blah. We love you, use ALL THESE FAN IDEAS IF YOU LIKE THEM! We will sign waivers and attend any party in droves. It's not stealing when someone loves you and rants at you like a madwoman on a blog at 2:45am, saying, YES! We are RABID, SERIOUS FANS. Seriously, you want us. We're not Nielsen; we're techie kids on laptops. We will follow you like bloodhounds and BUY ALL YOUR SHIZ. Like, who doesn't want all the comedy standup DVDs? What the heck do you think all my friends and relatives will be getting for presents? How many friends and relatives will I have left in a year at this rate? I just don't care; I love this show all the way to my bones; I added a Hulu Plus subscription with pride and am happy to pull Comedy Central properties on board in any way I can. For real. Love you. Kissing booth?
- If you click on this link, you can submit button designs for Abed4President buttons to wear at mobs/events/Comedy Central pranks (fan art preferred), vote on blanket fort locations and structure, connect with other fans to submit goatees or other items that fans can wear for you at mobs/events.
- If you click on this link, you can brainstorm with us about anything you want: big mobs, little mobs, events, blanket forts, Yoplait Yogurt/General Mills (yes, this is still DEFINITELY a thing, and I bought a Cherry Original yogurt as a sign of solidarity when I was out with my peeps tonight), ways to keep selling out the NBC Store, showing love to Sony Pictures, you name it! Currently up for discussion, and please use the Facebook search box to search for extra pages and topics: Universal Orlando mob to sing Somewhere Out There, Satellite vs Central blanket forts (see also Abed4President for a poll), where to do a Guinness Book of World Records fort (@CommunityFolow, I love you, and there's no reason we can't have big AND little forts, right?! Whee!), International Collage of Blanket Forts (led by the charming Spaniard @be_cooky), and the Greendale Community College facebook page (led by Belgian @GuillaumeElleb; I am now a violin professor in our own personal Greendale).
- If Comedy Central picks up Community for a 4th year and syndication, I strongly vote for a Blanket Fort celebration at Comic Con.
- We have the most beautiful cast in the world. Any media person I talk to says the same thing: they are SO nice, and SO sweet. It's not always like this in Hollyweird, folks. It makes me so happy to know that good words and deeds are coming back to the cast now in the form of fervent fan AND media support!
- We won a bunch of stuff in the TV.com's online poll. To be honest, the poll was a helluva lot easier than @showpatrol Curt Wagner's Chicago Tribune thing, against the zombies (aka Walking Dead fans voting for Daryl, led by @TeamReedus). I mean, REALLY. But we're extremely happy to earn our show the representation in the media that they deserve. They work so hard, and we love them.
(P.S. - Translation of "That's a beautiful lady in a fantastic blanket fort" got translated today into several languages.
Portugese (@Mayh___): In portuguese, it's something like "Uma linda moça em um fantástico forte de cobertor"
French (@GuillaumeElleb): Something like "C'est une femme magnifique dans un fantastique fort (ou château) en couvertures"
Spanish: (the Spaniards were too busy teaching me swear words in Spanish)
Russian (from me): Weirdly, I know Russian! Eto krasavitza v fantasticheskom obshchem forte! Dolgosrochnoi sloozhhbui
(P.P.S. - Happy Birthday, Feliz Cumpleanos, to Dan Harmon. -CB)
(P.P.P.S. - I heartily welcome anyone of any language to teach me how to be polite in their language (ahem, SPAIN!), or to talk about blanket forts. I also welcome any and all ideas to help promote Community. If you have media, event planning, translation, or design experience, there is PLENTY for you to do, and the fan community will support and love you! -CB)
(P.P.P.P.S. - @GungaJason is running a hunger strike at http://communityhungerstrike.blogspot.com/. Two fans immediately chimed in, re: ick no. The strike has medical supervision. But still, here's person even more fanatic than me for once. Is it gross to say that's a relief? Anyway, I imagine a Daily Show interview with the lone NBC Community Hunger Striker, and I have to say, it's pretty funny. Comedy Central, he's ALL YOURS! xoxo where's the kissing booth? -CB)