@SmoochyDaisy52, @Greendale_Love and @MsDaisySteiner (Pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/msdaisysteiner/greendale-is-where-i-belong/) helped with all these ideas today.
@SmoochyDaisy52 says she is the Britta in the Street Team, and I am Jeff. Feel free to call yourself any other name at Greendale. Multiples are OK; no fighting, children!
The original impulse for a Street Team comes from Sherlock fans. They post chalk graffiti and flyers everywhere, then put an image of the post on a google map. (See #4 and #5 below, or just click on the top Pinterest link.)
Rock band street teams: distribute flyers/stickers, sell merch at shows, send emails out, call TV/radio stations.
Street marketing in Europe sometimes involves people in strange costumes, engaging passersby in social media buy-in to win contests. Now a bald cap and a gaga dress beckon me.
- Any fan can join the Street Team. You don't have to do anything, OK? You can just say you're in it. It's Greendale!
- If you want to throw some silly ideas, we need idea people. If you want to RT, we need retweeters. If you want to do more, then do more.
- I guess I need to make some funny flyers for us, then.
- Vandal that I am, I bought some Easter-egg chalk at the dollar store tonight. (There were 2 other ladies in the dollar store, buying neon silly string to vandalize a friend's car. Rapscallions!) I'm planning on tagging various buildings with chalk graffiti, taking pictures, and posting it on the Interactive Street Team map.
- And here's the map, which is also on the Pinterest board: http://bit.ly/xvEs8c
- I saw some cool street team and street marketing ideas on the Internet earlier today.
- @MsDaisySteiner on chalk graffiti tag and name of Street Team: "My suggestions Graffiti- "NBC's Community is streets ahead". Team name - Streets Ahead team." Also, "Greendale is where YOU belong" or "Greendale wants YOU" and maybe a hashtag so people can find more info."
- I liked #MyHeartBelongsToGreendale, but Daisy's idea is better.
- @SmoochyDaisy52 wants a puppy parade. YES. Maybe team up with local ASPCA/animal shelters?
- @Balen13 conjured the actual Greendale amusement park. WIth a big paintball course. I see a permanent blanket fort in the adjoining hotel. Plus a campus, classes, lectures, assignments.
- @SmoochyDaisy52 said we should have stickers. @TeamAsunder made some great round icons for Abed4President, so I'm going to find some sticky paper and print some out.
- I think we should all write thank you notes to Uncle Bob Greenblatt, CEO of NBC, for putting the show back on the air. Thank you, Uncle Bob!
- It would be funny to call all our local TV and radio stations and talk to them about NBC Community
- I like the idea of sending a ton of emails/tweets to parallel fandoms.
- Going back to the straight rock band idea, we could rally around the merch and @nbcstore for something, too.
- Well hey, I'm treating the show like a struggling rock band. Why not?
- Let me know if you have any other ideas. The sillier, the better!
Streets Ahead Street Team "Jeff"